Become a Hear Us Member and we’ll keep you up-to-date with all of the latest mental health news. We’ll let you know about Hear Us events and groups in your area. And we’ll support you to get your voice heard and Membership is free.
All members receive:
- Our quarterly ‘In Our Shoes’ Newsletter, with in-depth features on the big mental health issues, including hear Us members’ own stories
- Our regular email newsletters, which include the latest Hear Us news and information about events near you
- The chance to vote for our trustees and even to become a trustee yourself
- Your very own Hear Us Membership Card.
Opportunities for members
As a member, you can get involved in the Hear Us’s work in all sorts of ways. There’s no pressure to do anything, but if you are keen to take action we’ll support you every step of the way. Potential options include:
- Become a Linkworker and help other service users whilst helping to improve our mental health services
- Become Reach Out Volunteer and help fight sigma and discrimination
- Taking part in surveys, focus groups
- Attend our Open Forum and influance change
- Sharing personal experiences to show the truth about mental health
- Joining our local campaigns
- Fundraising to support Hear Us’s work