Hear Us Membership Terms and Conditions
Thank you for joining Hear Us. The following are our terms and conditions of membership and you should read them carefully as they set out your rights and obligations as a member of Hear Us (a “Member” or “you” in what follows). These terms and conditions are based on our charitable constitution.
Hear Us is a registered charity, Charity No. 1135535, Company No. 06891337 of Orchard House, 15a Purley Road, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 6EZ and will be referred to as “Hear Us” or “we” in these terms and conditions.
- All applications for membership shall be treated as if the terms of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and EC Directive 97/7/EC applied for the purposes of cancellation. Accordingly any cancellations in respect of these must be made within seven working days of the application being made. Cancellation must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Orchard House, 15a Purley Road, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 6EZ, marked for the attention of the coordinator, or telephone – 020 8681 6888.
- You are responsible for informing us of changes to your personal details. [If you are provided with individual passwords for access to our on-line services, these must not be shared with anyone else.]
- All Members agree that email addresses and other personal details provided to Hear Us may be used for administrative purposes and to fulfill your Hear Us membership. As part of your membership, Hear Us may also send you information about our products and services where we feel these would be of interest to you. We may contact you by post, telephone and/or email.
- Of course, you can opt-out of these at any time, although they form part of your Membership benefits. If you wish to opt-out of Hear Us membership communications by any of the above channels please inform us in writing at Membership Team, Orchard House, 15a Purley Road, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 6EZ or email at Membership@hear-us.org or telephone – 020 8681 6888. You can also unsubscribe from Hear Us emails via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- Hear Us take great care of your personal information.
Subscription is Free
- Although membership is free, membership may be terminated at the discretion of Hear Us if a Member is considered to be in breach of these terms and conditions, or such removal is sanctioned by a resolution of Hear Us’s Trustees, provided that in such circumstances, the Member has had a reasonable opportunity to explain to the Trustees why he or she should not be removed.
- As a Member of Hear Us you are entitled to:
- Membership card
- Monthly Membership Enewsletter
- Voting right for trustees
- Quarterly Newsletter ‘In Our Shoes’
- However, Hear Us reserves the right to vary, amend or withdraw these services at our discretion.
- Where you are not a resident of England and Wales, copies of all publications, communications and other materials will be provided to you by email.
- Where you are a resident of England and Wales, copies of all publications, communications and other materials will be provided to you by post and/or email.
- Clause 9 and 10 will be made void if indicated by yourself as outlined in Clause 4.
- Each Member is entitled to one vote.
Hear Us publications materials
- Unless stated otherwise, all publications and materials supplied to Members are the copyright work of Hear Us. Members may not reproduce, transmit, distribute, sell or commercially exploit these materials without the prior written consent of Hear Us or to the extent expressly permitted by law.
- All information provided by Hear Us to Members is on an “as is basis”. Whilst Hear Us makes all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy and relevance of all such information we cannot guarantee the completeness, quality or non-infringement of third parties rights in relation to these materials.
- Hear Us may at its absolute discretion refuse the application of an individual to become a member without having to give any reason for its decision. An applicant whose membership application is refused has the right to appeal to Hear Us Trustees against the refusal and the Trustees will re-consider the application in light of any further information provided by the applicant before reaching a final decision as to whether or not the individual should be admitted as a member.
- Subject to paragraph 18, in no event shall Hear Us be liable to Members or to any other third party for any lost profit, or any special, incidental or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of, or in connection with services, benefits and/or products supplied by Hear Us.
- Subject to paragraph 18, liability under all circumstances shall be limited to the annual membership fee paid for by the individual concerned.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes liability for death or personal injury caused by Hear Us’s negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The rights of a Member are personal and cannot be transferred or assigned.
- Membership rights shall cease on a Member’s death or an individual ceasing to be a Member.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- All members are bound by the Memorandum and Articles of Association of Hear Us. A copy of these is available from the Charities Commission. In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and the Memorandum and Articles of Association, these terms and conditions shall take precedence.