Hear Us is Croydon’s Mental Health Service User Group which acts as a coordinating body to facilitate, and ensure service users involvement in, the planning, delivery and monitoring of mental health services in Croydon. Helping to improve the quality of the services commissioned and delivered in Croydon objectives
- To relieve the needs of people living in the London Borough of Croydon and surrounding areas who have mental health problems by provision of services and advice
- To advance education about mental health for the public benefit in the London borough of Croydon and surrounding areas with the object of creating awareness and reducing the stigma attached to mental health
We attend regular committee meetings with South London and Maudsley Trust (SLAM) and Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), and other planning and monitoring meetings to represent the voice of service users by ensuring service user representation at these meetings. We are looking to recruit service users as volunteers to participate at these aforesaid meetings, please call us on 020 8681 6888 if you would like to get involved.
- Represents the views of people that use the local mental health services in Croydon to service providers and commissioners.
- Contributes to the local mental health promotion agenda, and promotes positive mental health within the local community.
- Promotes mutual respect and equality of rights and opportunities, regardless of disability, with particular reference to local mental health service users and service survivors
- To actively campaign with users on issues raised by users themselves.
- To reach out to all service users to encourage and support participation in the Croydon User Council.
- To actively oppose discrimination against service users in Croydon.
- To support a user council in which to discuss and debate current concerns.
- To offer service users a communication platform for the constructive exchange of ideas on issues affecting them.
- To campaign for improvements in mental health services.
- To provide a wide range of information about local/national services and issues that concern users of mental health services in Croydon, through our Newsletter and Web site
The great majority of our funding comes from Croydon CCG, Croydon Council and grant-giving bodies, but we also recieve and welcome individual donations. We’re completely open about our finances – please feel free to read our financial reports.
FIND OUT MORE
You can read more about our philosophy, our values and our strategic goals in: 3 year strategy 2018-21
Hear Us are funded by the following: