HO THEY ARE: Off The Record is a Croydon-based agency providing free support to children and young people. They were set up in 1994 to help young people going through tough times.
WHAT THEY DO: At Off The Record they provide a range of free, friendly and accessible support services for young people aged 14-25 who live, work or study in the Borough of Croydon, including:
- Counselling: a confidential service for young people.
- Compass: a specialist service providing support to young people who are refugees, asylum seekers and forced migrants.
- Young Carers Project: free help, support and information for young people aged 7-25 caring for a family member.
- Family Navigators: free support for families in Croydon.
- Jump Start: a new service offering free counselling to young people aged 11-21 who live, work or study in Sutton.
- Community Development Work: supporting the Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) community to develop mental health services.
WHAT THEY BELIEVE: Our vision is that we want you, as a young person, to be inspired to make choices and decisions so that you can feel alive in your own life. To achieve this:
- We will always do our best to welcome you and we will be clear, truthful and friendly
- We will always work hard to earn your trust, rather than to expect it
- Whatever your race, culture, gender, sexuality, disability or religion, we will respect and accept you
- Listen to you
- Understand and respect your wishes and beliefs
- Be humble and acknowledge any mistake we make
- Be helpful and supportive
- Challenge you to be the best you can be
|Contact: Off the Record Croydon|
72 Queens Road
Tel: 020 8251 0251