WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Everything we do, we do to ensure that we can help people experiencing a mental illness, get both support and respect. We want to make sure you receive the communications that are most relevant to you, be it through visiting our website or receiving emails, post or phone calls. We want to make sure you receive the best attention when you book on an event, become a member or make a donation.
We collect information from you in the following ways:
When you interact with us directly: This could be if you ask us about our activities, register with us for training or an event, make a donation to us, ask a question about mental health, purchase something, apply for a job or volunteering opportunity or otherwise provide us with your personal information. This includes when you phone us, visit our website, make a purchase from our on-line shop, or get in touch through the post, or in person.
We may collect the following information:
- Your Name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to our services
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided if you have requested these
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.