Hear Us wants to enlist people who experienced or have receiving care and support form Croydon’s mental health services; to join our Croydon User Council. You will have the role of expert champions
As a Croydon User Council Member you will support each other to create a voice for people receiving care and support from Croydon’s Integrated Mental Health services and Contributing to positive change and development and enhancing the profile of service user involvement.
The aim of the Croydon User Council is to discuss:
- Issues that local service users and service user groups want to talk to the Trust about;
- Issues on which the Trust wishes to consult with service users to gain the service user perspective.
The ultimate aim of the Croydon User Council is to help the Croydon NHS, Statuary services and the Voluntary Sector to improve its services and to make a difference to the care, support and the culture they deliver to service users.
The council aims to be representative of the community served by the Croydon’s Integrated Mental Health Service and encourages people from all backgrounds to join.
Council members must be committed to attending a 2 hour council meeting every month. Members must also be willing to spend time in preparation for meetings and be willing to visit local service user groups to gather a wider service user perspective on issues.
Key Experiences and abilities of Council Members are:
- Personal experience of receiving mental health services in Croydon preferably within the past 2 years
- Knowledge of Croydon’s Mental Health Services
- Ability to listen and understand issues that affect Croydon’s Mental Health Community
- of Croydon’s Mental Health Community
- Be able to represent the views and have the ability to raise issues that affect Croydon’s Mental Health Community to commissioners and service providers
- An interest in helping to improve the quality of care, support and culture of Croydon’s Integrated Mental Health Services
- Ability to make a positive contribution to discussions and meetings
- An ability to convey information back to the council form commissioners and service providers
Hear Us works toward eliminating all forms of discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity for all
How to Apply:
Interested service users will be asked to complete a short information statement with details of their experience and will be invited for an informal discussion with the Hear Us Coordinator and Chair of the Service User Council.
If you think you can help and would like more information about joining the Croydon User Council or if you would just like to have an informal chat, please contact: